Re: 2" exhaust system?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 09:31:09 EST

<< ..Sam '95 SLT (one-PIPE) >>

I had dual exhaust on my bicycle (a chrome kit from western auto), my
lawnmower, my snomobile, my motorcycle, cars, jeeps,trucks and just about
everything but my wife. My 2 cents is that single exhaust, no matter how
good, sucks... One pipes are made for garbage trucks, greyhounds and
snowblowers not performance vehicles and not for good looking vehicles....
Dual Exhaust are Cooooool.....

Love them dual pipes....... even if one is glued to the bottom of the
bumper...

Mine is 93 with 3" Cat. Trimmed pipe out of cat back to true 3" dia. (about
6") then bought 2' of 3"" pipe, 2 pieces of 2 1/2 @ 2' with 2 1/2 offset in
each about 1/3 from one end, 6" piece of 4". took the 2 - 2 1/2's and
flattened insides so the 2 pipes could fit together as one oval piece, welded
it together then made a small spacer from a piece of 1/4" steel(used 3" hole
saw then 4" hole saw) to fill gap between 3" and 4" pieces, welded it
together then ovaled the 4" to fit neatly around both 2 1/2 pieces, used a
blunt chisel to shape 4" at the 2 1/2 joint, weled it all up then had 3"
expanded to fit over 3" out of Cat. It ended up long enough to cover lenght
of pipe and mufflers so I decided to try it without mufflers, had 2 - 2 1/4
Tail pipes built and wolla... One coool exhaust, with Cat on the exhaust is
super sounding (tons of comments at drags). Alittle loud when first starting
in the garage with the door closed but on the road it is not objectionable at
all. It could not be much free'er flowing and I have $110 invested plus a
little time. Did most of it myself (other than bending and expanding) which
wasn't to hard as I have a pit in my garage. Dual exhausts forever!!!!!

 Bill (Dual exhaust)