(no subject)

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 15:09:55 EST

w3ell, i would like everyone to know that i just cleaned my aic
it was two bolts and thats it
i used lacquer thinner(thanks jules) i also filed the tip becaise irt
wasn't smooth at all
the tip was flat and the rest had machine marks and it was at a 45 deg
angle

needless to say, it looks like a bullet now

i will let everyone know in the morning if it did anything

there was a lot of carbon on it

i would like to take off my throttle body but i don't want to spend a lot
of cash on a new gasket...
do i need to get a new gasket is it metal or cork or paper??

will it stick to the mating surfaces and rip apart when i pull the TB
off???
does anyone else have an oil comming out of the invectors??

i noticed this a few months ago and i am curious, it looks like motor oil
and it has accumulated where the spouts(for reasons of i can't find another
word to call them) on the intake for the injectors meet the rest of the
intake man. ???

it looks like motor oil but i'm not sure