Re: Dual Horns

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 22:47:06 EST

I don't know if it'll mess up your engine controller, but I've put dual
horns on my Dakota, the bosslady's car and my bike by getting an adapter
that looks like a little copper chair with one female and two male spade
connectors. Make up a little jumper wire, as short as possible with a
female spade connector on each end, plug the female end of the adapter on
the stock horn, the stock horn wire to one of the male legs of the adapter
and the jumper to the other male leg and the new horn.

What works really well is to buy a pair of Fiamm electromagnetic horns,
throw the stock horn at the neighbor's cat, and put on the Fiamm's.
They're the same size as the stocker, but seriously loud. Many a stiff
necked driver has learned to swivel his head when he's tried to occupy the
same space as my bike. The Fiamm's go for about $25-30 US in Seattle.

Larry Elliott