Dual Horns

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 1997 - 12:07:42 EST

Has anybody had any experience installing dual or aftermarket horns? My '97
comes with a single Low horn which in my mind, sound more like a little car,
than a truck. I know Chrysler has been doing this for years.
In the past, I simply bought a High horn, wired it to the stock Low horn and
everything sounds much better.
I did this with our Plymouth Sundance, and it's effect was dramatic. Other
drivers actually paid attention to the horn.

The 97 shop manual shows only a single horn (dual horns are not an option).
Can I simply wire in another horn, or does this cause problems with the
computers?

Thanks for your advice.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com