New Tires

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Sat Feb 08 1997 - 01:52:26 EST

Hey Guys and Gals!
     I just put some new skins on the green monster. Dunlop GT
Qualifiers 255/60/15s on the back and 245/60/15s on the front. WOW! What
a difference!!! These tires are GREAT! I've had various brands on
Mustwang 5.slows to include T/As, Firehawks, Bridgestone HP41s etc. but
none have had the adhesion of these. These things have great bite for a
street tire. They stick better than my Mickey Thompson Sportsmans (I
tread pattern not Sportsman Pros). I tried a friends T/As last year and
I swear they were more slippery than the Invictas. We had quite a bit of
rain lately here in the Dallas area and these Dunlops seem to do well in
the wet stuff too. BTW, my truck is lowered 2"in front(spindles and 4"
in rear(hangers) and these tires do NOT rub! I am also using stock
predator wheels(very sneaky :-)). I bought them from Discount Tire
Direct (mail order) for $230! The guy who recommended them had a
modified V8 Dak like mine and he told me the Dunlops were the best tires
out of all the ones he tried. The local dealer mounted them free,
charging me only $27 for the balancing and tax. Give these things a try,
you won't be disappointed.

Andre Mauboussin
95 sport V8/5spd/391SG