Re: 2" exhaust system?

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Sun Feb 09 1997 - 11:04:46 EST

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> << I guess that a Mooney TLS isn't a good looking vehicle...
> >>
> What the heck is a Mooney? The only Mooney I know about was a girl in High
> School and I will admit she looked good without duals...

        It's a very fast piston-engine airplane... It has a single pipe, looks
cool, and most people (pilots) are able to look at the airplane, and
KNOW
that it's fast...It doesn't have to advertise.

> True they would not be true duals but you would not know that if you did not
> crawl under the truck to find out. You probably can get as good if not better
> performance from a well tuned single setup, I'm just saying duals look
> better, if you see duals you have to think performance, single pipes are
> factory setups to cut costs, they look like everything else out there. You
> see a Dakota with duals it catches your attention, then makes you wonder
> "what else has he got there". Single pipes you don't even notice, they look
> like everything else. Now Kuk's hood scoop would get your attention and you
> may never notice an old one pipe...

        I prefer (though I want a scoop...Right Kukukooter? :) to have the
stealth approach.. A sleeper you might say...

> The only thing I tow is my 35' Travel Trailer but not real often.. Though
> when I get to the strip it often looks like I am towing one of those single
> pipe Dakotas down the track.. "Now don't get all fired up, only kidding
> around"
>
> Just my POV
>
> Billy Bob Two Pipes
>
> PS Also had Duals on my little red wagon, every model car I ever built and
> the Ruppster.. Just Love 2 pipes..

        Do you really tow a 35' travel trailer with you Dakota??!?? I was
looking into getting a 24' trailer, but the empty trailer weight was
near
5500#s... Add water, food, junk, that would take it up to 6200# or
so...Add
the weight of my truck 4300# (me, wife, 2-black labs, and full
tank-O-gas)...
And it'd be above the max CGVW.... How does it tow (real experience,
not
fantasy..)

        Thanks!

                ...Sam '95 SLT

        I did have duals on my Jetski, but it hurt performance...So I went
back to a exit vs. dual...
        (Pipe--Waterbox#1--Exit)
             \_Waterbox#2--Exit)