Re: Auto ID

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 14:31:33 EST

*SNIP*
>I had my first bad experience with my new SureGrip diff last Friday. I went
>to do a uturn on a wet narrow street, applied to much power, the back end
>flew out and hit the curb. Tore up my rim and bent the axel. expensive
>lesson. Fortunately, the axel was an easy replace, just expensive.
>
>Alan...
>
>acasey@io.com
>
>94,V8,5spd,MP SBEC,Flowmaster,SureGrip,MSD,Underdrive Pulley's
>ET=14.9 @ 90.2

        OOOooppsss!! Alan, Alan, Alan... The problem's your ankle!!
(Point you toes, then pull your foot up towards you... Do this 100 times)...

        Now you have the motion down!! :P

        (I ALMOST did the same thing coming into my work parking lot
on Friday, its a wet, freshly oiled black top parking lot) The people
sitting around drinking coffee got one heck of a show!! I was in 2nd, had
a tad too much throttle making the turn (15 mph)... Then it broke loose
with a snap!, and sideways I was headed... I did the ankle bends (on/off/on
off/on/off), and left about 100 feet of BFG x 2....

        Try getting on a fwy on ramp in 3rd (while the fwy's wet), then
having the rear end brake loose @ 60 mph... I didn't get TOO far out of
'whack', but it made the guy behind me quit tailgating!

        Sam '95 SLT (Sorry about your truck!)