Auto ID

From: Kendall Ducote (kducote@premier.net)
Date: Mon Feb 10 1997 - 14:12:28 EST

I have been a 5 speed man for a long time. I just purchased a 97 318
Auto about a month ago, for trophy gettin(Most consistant wins at the
local strip) machine. I was currious if there is an easy way to tell
what tranny I have. I believe it is an A518, but not sure. It came
equiped with Buckets,SG,3.92,tilt,cruise...no power stuff. Also I
remember a thread a while back about a shift kit for the 500-518
tranny. Could this person stepforward at the risk of repeating
themself.

Thanks,

Kendall