Re: New life for an Old Dakota -Reply

From: Chris Smith (mopar@tough.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 1997 - 23:31:31 EST

Torqueflight is the chrysler 727 transmission. The 904 (baby 904) was
the light duty version. They were 3 speed, no overdrive automatics.
Chrysler stuck them behind everything from the slant 6 to a Hemi.
Your Dakota has an A500 or A518 based on this design (uses the same pan
gasket and filter)but with overdrive and other changes.

The 727 was the sturdiest thing Chrysler built. Not quite as sturdy as
GM TH350 and TH400. I've managed to destroy a 727 to the point where it
was not re-buildable. Overdrive is the weak spot in the Dakota
transmissions. I've destroyed one of those also;p

--
-Chris Smith
mopar@tough.com