Re: Neon attitude

From: John Walker (dakota@wku.campus.mci.net)
Date: Wed Feb 12 1997 - 01:14:45 EST

Hey Michael, let's go easy on the Neon drivers. Hey maybe, it's there first
Mopar and they will soon grow into a V8 Dakota!? But let's think about this
for a moment. I don't doubt that they are a little fiesty with there new
toy, but you do have to admit that the Neon offers a lot of bang for the
buck. 150 horses in a Neon Sport mated to a fairly light chasis and a zippy
five speed for around $12,000 ain't bad. It isn't impossible to see Neons
in the mid to high 7's. Remember the Z28 of 10 years ago? What other
affordable performance vehicle does Dodge offer besides the Neon and Dakota?
Avenger doesn't have much pep, and the Viper is way out of the price range.
In fact, it seems that the Neon has actually came to symbolize affordable
performance in the nineties, much like the muscle cars did in the sixties
and early seventies. Drive to work during the week, and race it on the
weekend in SCCA. Maybe with a few upgrades the Neon can run with your
Dakota, I sure think it would handle better.

Just a thought . . .

John Walker
2.5l (sticken up for my 4-cylinder brothers...Just joking!)