Re: Paint job

From: Tom Whiteside (twhiteside@sweetheart.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 1997 - 09:22:03 EST

----------
> From: Corky <corky@lnknet.com>
> To: twhiteside@sweetheart.com
> Subject: Paint job
> Date: Saturday, February 15, 1997 4:07 PM
>
> Was good to see ur post. I know a lot of dakota owners are having paint
> problems. I just need some ammo for this dealer. Would you tell me how
> many miles were on your truck and what the paint job was worth. Really
> would help. Tx.
> Corky

Corky,
At the time I had my truck was repainted, I had approx. 39000 miles. The
work was not done by the dealership because they don't have a body shop.
The Warrany Administrator ok'd the work to be done by the local body shop.
They had to strip the gray paint and lower white. I did get a copy of the
invoice from the body shop that they were sending to the dealership. It
was in the neighborhood of $2600.00.

I must tell you that 2 days after the bodyshop had my truck, they called
and said that the dealership said I was paying 1/2 of the price. I was not
a happy camper. It turned out to be a mixup and the dealership did pay for
everything.

Tom