interesting story

From: Derrick Pero (dpero@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Feb 17 1997 - 22:46:08 EST

My Electric blue 93' seemed to chip easilly shortly after I purchaced it. After
some arguing with my friendly dealer I was able to get them to repaint the cab. Too bad
the new paint is slightly darker. Oh well... its not a show truck. Did anyone else
notice the 94' blue to be darker?
        I originally test drove the truck at one dealer, went to another nearby, who
located me one with what I wanted. Turned out to be the one I test drove! And it was
cheaper! When I bought the truck I wanted cruise and the 5x7 remote mirrors installed.
They put a black steering wheel in it(grey interior). It looked terrible! His response
was... "didn't it have a black wheel in it?". What a looser. That was resolved. (I think
they took a grey wheel of a truck in the lot!) They also installed the large(5x9?),
chromed mirrors. I guess the term remote didn't mean anything to him. After that they
didn't want to install the 5x7's because they would of had to cut a hole in the door
panels. Thats ok... I didn't want them too anymore.
        Turns out I have a decent truck. 80,000 miles and running strong. Anyone do much
towing with the 3.9? I am looking for a little more low end torque. Seems to pull real
strong after 3000 rpm. Too high for towing. It does 17.5 in the qtr. Only mods are
Jacobs wires, but thats another story. Gotta go. Sorry its so long.
Later...
Derrick Pero