shorties

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 13:00:00 EST

Just installed a set of JBA Shorties onto my custom mandrel-bent Y-pipe.
Didn't make as big of a difference as I was anticipating. The low end seems
stronger but I think that the upper-mid to high end has weakened. The
Y-pipe was much more noticeable. These shorties have 1 1/2" primaries but
the opening to each runner is about 25% smaller than the openings of the
stock exhaust manifold. I even grinded some of the over welds off the
inside of each runner to open them up a bit with an air-compressor powered
dremel tool. If it didn't take me 5 hours to install these, I would unbolt
them, mail them back and do some porting of the stock exhaust manifold. If
you are thinking about headers I would go with DT's or Jardine. April's
issue tested a Jardine setup for a Chevy. I called Jardine and they said
Dak headers won't be available for a cupla months.

Nelson Sendino
'95 Auto, MP SBEC, Gibson 3" with custom Y-pipe, JBA shorties
Accel 50,000 volt Supercoil & wires, Nology, K&N FIPK