Re: 360 Dak

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 07:34:30 EST

At 10:22 AM 2/18/97 -0600, cfugina3132@VAX2.WINONA.MSUS.EDU wrote:
>Wow a 360 in a dakota what a machine. I also have a 95 dakota with a V6 i
>love the truck. I just wish they would have kept the body style the 95
>has because i like it better than the new body style. How do you like the
>new body style. To tell you the truth i would rather have a dakota than
>a scaled down ram which is all the new dakota is anyway. Tell next time
>Finn and Feather

   For the official press release, check out:

      http://www.4adodge.com/value_add/news.html

   The same page also has info on the Durango, awards that the '97 Dakota
has won, etc.

  As far as the new body style goes... When I first saw it, I hated it. I
thought, "great, how original, its a baby Ram". And that's pretty much been
my feeling on it all along. Last week, I went to the Buffalo auto show,
hoping to see the Sidewinder. (Got to see the Viper GTS, but no
sidewinder.) :P

  Anyway, while I was there, I took my first good look at the 97 dakotas,
sat in one, etc. Maybe I'm just getting used to the new body style, but its
started to grow on me. I thought they were really nice trucks. The
interiors were great (even though they got rid of the trademark Dakota
cupholders... :P ), and the styling wasn't bad. :) I agree with Ned,
with the right accessories, the new bodystyle can be crafted into something
*really* nice. :) (How about a Dakota with the white racing stripes? ;)

  My major gripe with the new bodystyle (and I have the same problem with
the Ram) is that the wheelwells are "too big". There's not enough tire and
too much wheelwell. This is especially prevalent on the 4x4 models. At
least this "problem" is less pronounced on the Dakotas. (as compared to the
Ram)

   It should be interesting to see what happens in the coming years and
months. We've been "asking" for the 360 for years, and here it is. What
else is in store? :) (Hopefully this isn't just an experiment. Hopefully
the 360 is here to stay.) If it is, lets try for 400+ c.i. next. ;)

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.