Drag Racing

From: Alan Casey (acasey@io.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 17:43:55 EST

Well I took the truck to TAD (Temple Acadamy Dragway) Saturday night for
some time trials, The humidity was high and the temp was low, and dew was
forming on everything, including the track. Needless to say I sucked. My
best time was a 15.0 @ 91 mph. So the next morning I drove up to the Texas
MotorPlex in Enis. Its an NHRA track, in other words AWSOME!!!
Unfortunatly I still had major traction problems. I guess those new BFG's
are not worth a damn. My new best time was 14.95 @ 91.6 mph. I was hoping
for 14.7 or 14.8. I guess its time to get some slicks. I also need to see
about some higher ratio rocker arms, since my truck starts running flat near
the red line. If I shit into forth it adds 2/10ths to my time. Oh well,
all it takes is money...

Alan...