Re: COMPRESSION TEST -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 23:33:58 EST

>Correct, the book listed it at 9.1:1 with the cylinder head pressure
> at 100psi, gasket thickness at 0.0475, but my combustion chamber
> worked out to be 9.375 after doing the math.
> Kuk

Kuk, what do I use to figure out my compression ratio? I checked the
compression about 10k ago and I got between 145-155 psi on the
cylinders. From what you guys are talking about, that's stinkin'
high. What kind of CR does that yield? What formula do you use for
computing it? Everything as far as the heads, pistons, gaskets, etc.
are nothing but stock. What's going on with my high CR?

- Rob Cobb (93 V8 LE 2wd). . .

P.S. I FINALLY have the homemade traction bar pictures. . .I still
have to get them scanned in and a diagram drawn up with the
dimensions on the pieces, though. BUT, I'm trying. . .