Movin'

From: Travis Lytle (trav@comptec.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 1997 - 23:49:52 EST

Wow!

        I am way happy that I found this mailing list and I hope that it helps me out a lot. Well since I just subscribed I have no ideal what to expect out of you guys put I sure hope you can help me out on this one. Ok I have a 95 Dodge Dakota Sport 318, 5 speed. I recently moved from Indiana to the sunny state of California. Anyway I got the truck used in Frankfort IN and seemed to be in great shape, only thing strange I found about it was that it had no muffler. Well IN says you don't have to have a muffler so I guess the guy who had it before didn't what it, so it still has the cat and splits from there dulled out the back. I thought that was cool! Ok anyway it ran great and stuff it made a little noise when it was cold in the morning but it soon stopped by the time I got down the block. I figured it was due to the no muffler. So I packed up and moved to Cali and pulled a small uhaul across the US. Somewhere in Cali I notice the shitty uhaul's breaks where locking up making it hard as hell to pull them dam thing. So I stopped at the nearest uhaul place and they fixed the brakes and away I was off. So I've been living in cali for like 3-4 months now and every since I got here it seems to backfire or whatever you call it a lot. The exhaust is a lot louder than what it was in Indiana. I was wondering if any of you guys out there would know what needs to be done or if that damn uhaul had anything to do with it or if its just the elevation.

Thanks in advance

Travis Lytle
Travis Lytle - Tech Support
Comptech Internet Services