Re: Back to the gas question...

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 1997 - 19:38:31 EST

At 11:14 AM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
*snip*
>Questions
>
>a. I believe that the winter-formula gasolines (which increase
>volatility) are the cause of my pinging. True or false?
>
>b. Has anyone else experienced similar gasoline issues during the
>winter?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ron

        A) Yes, I had a mitsubishi pickup that needed 93 octane every
winter when they went to Oxygenated gas.... On my Dakota, I would get
it occationally... Now I run 92 octane all the time (MP SBEC ;) so I don;t
have that problem..

        B) You might also check out your plugs... In my experience,
a set of plugs that is worn has caused pinging during summer months as
well as winter... I changed the plugs: No more pinging.

        At least pull a few to see how things are...

        ..Sam '95 SLT