Re: Tailgate Letters

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 17:16:20 EST

> I believe the 95's have decals on the tailgate(also
> removable)

  Yup. At least my '95 does, much to my happy preference (I hate
the <='94 stamped-across-the-gate letters).

>...in both the '95 and the '96 models the letters are only a
> couple of inches high...

  I guess so.

> and they're located on the upper left-hand
> corner of the tailgate

  Well, my '95 SLT has a gray striped decal with the DODGE cutout
from the middle, on the left. The decal is applied to the lower
part of the tailgate. I've only seen a few other Dakotas with this
tailgate lettering configuration, leading me to believe it is tied
to a particular trim package (SLT? Super SLT?).

> What about the '94 models??

  They look the same as the '93 and previous.

  Ron