Re: Back to the gas question...

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Thu Feb 20 1997 - 17:30:09 EST

DesignTech@worldnet.att.net wrote:

> is there anyone out there with a '93 V8 without ping????
>
> it seems like all of us '93 owners have this problem. i had 30k on the
> motor when i bought it 6 months ago and there was ping ever since.

Just wanted to add that my 93 NEVER pinged once with the stock SBEC and
87 octane. At about 50k miles I switched to the Mopar SBEC and pinged
immediately out of the driveway! (I still had a tank of 87 - oops!) Now
with 93 octane I ping slightly under hard accelleration, normal driving
doesn't ping... Anyone know anything about that "timing computer" from
MSD that might help the ping?

--
-
Michael Clark        mike@snakebite.com