Re: Ignition Upgrades -Reply -Reply

From: Robert Lee Cobb Jr. (S0042745@cedarnet.cedarville.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 00:38:15 EST

>The DRBIII has a function screen for cam/crank Sync which is what
>you would be changing by turning the dist housing. I was informed
>that the computer needs to see them as close together as possible
>for correct operation, maybe tweeking it could help my MPSBEC gain
>something, cause it has never detonated
>Kuk

Kuk,
If yours never has had any detonation, it may be operating with less
performance than it could be (Hmm?). Anyway, to adjust the dist,
just loosen up the 1/2" (I think it's a 1/2", anyway) bolt below the
distributor about a whole turn and twist it counterclockwise a little
bit (I think the rotor turns clockwise, so turning the dist housing
counterclockwise increases the total timing across the entire curve).
 Remember that the rotor turns only 1/2 the speed of the crank, so 2
degrees of turning the distributor (between 1/16" and 1/8") is only 1
degree of timing. You really can fine tune it this way. I know I
was able to do mine quite well, anyway. Unless yours is different
than mine (doubt it), it should work.

- Rob Cobb 93 V8 LE 2wd
s0042745@cedarville.edu