Header Question

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@king.cts.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 1997 - 15:58:48 EST

At 07:41 PM 2/19/97 -0800, you wrote:
>DesignTech@worldnet.att.net wrote:
>>
>> is there anyone out there with a '93 V8 without ping????
>>

>> ----------
>> >
>> > Michael Clark mike@snakebite.com
>> > 93, LE, 2wd, reg. cab, SWB
>> > 5.2, Auto, Mk III
>> > MP SBEC, K&N FIPK
>
>I have a 92 318 mp sbec, headers K&n flowmaster, I have 81,000 on it and
>I tow a 19' jet boat with two jet ski's up some big grades in california
>and have never herd one ping. I use 92 octaine and throw some cleaner in
>every now and then Dan

        Dan, do you have Doug Thorley header?? If so, did you have any
clearance problems when you installed them??? My '95 has a bit of a
clearance problem with the steering knuckle.. (it hits when backing hard,
and in left turns while decelerating with the gears.)

        I know the '95 has a completely different header style for the
driver's side than other years, but I thought I would ask!

        ..Sam '95 SLT