Timing

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 22 1997 - 21:57:19 EST

Well, I finally did it. After 4 years of not even considering adjusting my
own timing (cause it's sbec controlled) I advanced my timing. I have always
mentioned that my Dak has never detonated, never really questioned why. After
20,000 miles, I replaced my cap and rotor with the stock BRASS replacements
from NAPA. Then I re-enabled my multiple spark on the HI-6. I took it out and
it was running as usual. I then came back and advanced my timing about an
1/8th of a turn and disconnected the battery to erase the memory. I took it
out, and from a roll in first gear, the truck went from barking the tires in
third to fishtailing in third and pulling HARD. I am tempted to take it to
the truck to the track again tommorrow. I was also tempted to advance some
more but will wait till I make it to the strip. Thanks Gregg
Kuk