Re: Timing

From: Kukukooter@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 23 1997 - 01:54:32 EST

In a message dated 97-02-22 23:36:53 EST, waterfn@pacbell.net (Dan Myers)
writes:

<< Kuk is it still runnig strong after advancing the timing? do you go
 clockwise or counter clockwise? Dan

Well Dan, I went off of Gregg's advise to advance it by turning
counter-clockwize, so retarding it would be clockwize. As for running strong,
it ran much stronger after advancing it , for me, maybe because it was
retarded when the cam was installed at 70 miles. Although I did have the
DRBIII on it setting the sync to match.
I was under the impression that sync 0 meant the computer didn't have to
adjust or see where it was at and getting outa sync meant the computer had to
see how many degrees it was out, then recompensate by negating the error,
follow? Therefore slowing down the computers functionable capabilities. I
adjusted it with a timing light and it did the same thing as 4 years ago on
the 93, it moved, then moved right back! As for injector timing compared to
valve timing events, I am not sure, as I don't have enough information to
fully see what's going on...yet. If the timing belt or distributor gear is
worn, that could cause detonation or inconsistant timing errors. If Jamie had
a loose chain, then there is the possibility that we all may after many miles
or Chrysler uses el cheapo chains. I'll have a noisy gear drive to go
please...
Kuk