Taking my truck in for service...

From: Jon Steiger (steiger@ait.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 06:21:01 EST

  I've got about 9,000 miles left on the 3/36 part of my warrantee, so
I'm taking the truck in to get some stuff looked at. I thought I'd
mention them here, in case any of these are widespread, or TSB's, or in
case anyone has any ideas/comments, etc.

  I've already mentioned the squealing sound I get when I release the
clutch at high RPM's.

  Another problem is, if I turn my wheels full left, I get a "groaning/grinding"
kind of noise. Really annoying. Full right doesn't do this.

  My radio "fades" in and out, almost like having an FM station go from
sterio to mono, but much more pronounced. Sounds like having the
surround sound kick off leaving you listening to the speakers in the
TV... (I have AM/FM cassette, no infinity)

   Something that recently started happening is that my cruise control
doesn't want to turn on and off. If I want to turn it on, I'll sometimes
have to press the button several times until it kicks on. Same for trying
to turn it off. Other times, it works just fine.

   The fan for my heater/vents will sometimes rub against something making
an extremely annoying noise. Its coming from somewhere down near the
passenger footwell. This has only happened to me two or three times
since I've had the truck.

   This last item isn't one that I'm going to talk to the dealer about (anymore)
but it is a problem I've had... When I got the truck I had the Mopar bed liner
put in. the tailgate section of the liner kept popping those little plastic
rivets out. The dealership tried to fix it a couple of times, and they've
been moderately successful. It doesn't pop the rivets anymore, but it isn't
a perfect fit, either. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have gotten the
bedliner. For my next Dakota (or maybe even this one, if the bed liner gets
bad enough) I'll probably look into those spray-in bedliners.

                                              -Jon-

    Jon Steiger - Network Administrator for Academic Information Technology
    .- steiger@ait.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ -.
    | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ |
    | '96 Dodge Dakota SLT V8, '96 Kolb FireFly 447, '91 Yamaha FZR600R |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.