Re: Timing

From: JT McBride (James.McBride@GDEsystems.COM)
Date: Mon Feb 24 1997 - 11:57:53 EST

I've been having intermittent problems with the truck stumbling under
acceleration. There doesn't seem to be any pattern - hot or cold. I would
suspect the fuel filter, except that most of the time it pulls fine.
And I have no problems at all at speed.

After reading a few recent posts, I can't help but wonder about the
timing bouncing around due to a bad distributor bushing. Wouldn't this
affect higher rpm performance too though?

SBEC reports no codes (just 55) and fuel economy is down just a little.
The truck IS burning a bit of oil now (1qt in 2000 mi) at 105k miles.
'93 318, Club Cab 4x4.

Are tougher aftermarket timing chains available?

Jim

   @..@ ,Sam
              ^^ ~~ ^^