FW: dakota sway bars

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 17:52:00 EST

>So the Sport Tech is 3/4" (junk), the Addco is 7/8", and the Suspension
<SNIP>
>stiffer yet. I don't know the size of the Hellwig bar. Unless I'm

Actually, the Hellwig *IS* the Sport Tech and I don't agree that it's
junk.
(see below):

>& Just installed a Hellwig SportTech rear anti sway bar on 93' 4x4 club
cab
>& with 5.2L. Unit fit perfectly out of box. Simple bolt on operation
took
>& less than 1 hour. Bar makes a noticable difference in reduced roll in
hard
>& cornering. Got unit from Summit Racing Equip. for about $100
including
>& shipping. Well worth the money for in handling improvement.

I agree with this post...a rear sway bar is money well spent for the body
roll it reduces.

From your comments, and some of the other posts, I'd probably have
preferred to go with the drill-holes-and-bolt-to-frame Addco model,
rather than the U-bolt-style Hellwig model, but hey, I got mine from
MagnumMrk for $40 plus shipping, and at the time, the price was right.
 Sure beats $130-$180.00... If I wanted something that'd pull .90g on a
skidpad, I wouldn't have bought a truck :-) No really, I've got a 4x4
anyway, but the reason I added the sway bar was because on highway
off-ramps etc. I noticed a pronounced body roll in the rear of the truck,
and the rear sway bar has significantly improved this body roll on
cornering! (even the 3/4" model)...

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/MSD Ignition soon!