FW: groans while turning

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Tue Feb 25 1997 - 17:58:00 EST

>I see that you have the 2WD Frank. My 4WD has tortion bars. If the
>2WD does too, that's probably the source of the noise. It probably has
>to do with the torque applied by the drive shaft; thus, only on left
>turns. Just a wild guess.

I don't believe that the 2WD models have the torsion bar setup... they
have the coil spring setup... (according to the Dakota Info sheet)...

> Mine does this too. Even when I back the steering wheel off a few
inches
> from the stop the sound persists.
> Frank Ball 1UR-M frankb@sr.hp.com (707) 794-4168 work

Gotta be something else then...

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/MSD Ignition soon!