Re: Pinging 318's

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 1997 - 08:58:04 EST

> > MPG - I get about 14 going back and forth to work. Top milage I have
> > gotten was on a 300 trip and was 15.5 MPG. These numbers are from the
> > readout on the "smart rear view mirror", but they seem pretty accurate.

> Woa, hey. What's this about the 'smart rear view mirror'? Any other
> new '97 gadgets we might be interested in?

  I think Chrysler offered this as part of the Overhead Console
package for the past few years. I'm pretty sure they offered it
on my '95, but I usually ignore these kinds of things.

  A buddy of mine has an LHS with this gadget, and I must admit
that it is pretty cool. I wouldn't have paid much extra for it,
though.

> BTW, my 93 V8 auto averaged 15MPG. Sometimes 13 around town with foot
> to the floor. Lowest was 11 towing about 2-1/2 tons of trailer.

  '95 318/5speed/2WD/2000#/SLT/Club Cab (with all the heavy duty
options I could get): average 17-17.5 mpg in combined highway
and city driving.

  Ron