Re: TORQUEMASTER SPARK PLUGS

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Fri Feb 28 1997 - 16:40:00 EST

Got'em in my truck, John. Didn't want to say anything because some people
think these spark plugs, along with Splitfires and U-Groove plugs are a
joke. I had them in my 5.0 when I owned one, and they gave the same slight
increase that Splitfires did. The truck was noticeably stronger at WOT but
under everyday driving the truck shook like crazy between 3rd gear & OD. It
was like it either wanted to downshift into third but the computer wouldn't
let it or the plugs weren't getting enough spark. 5-speed owners probably
won't encounter this problem. All of this was happening months before I
experimented with rotating the distributor so that wasn't a factor. I drove
the truck for a month with the shaking problem while contemplating putting
the stock plugs back in. When I installed the Accel Supercoil, Accel Spiral
coil wires and a Nology coil-to-distributor wire, the shaking problem went
away and the truck ran a lot stronger. A noticeable improvement over stock
coil, wires, & plugs. What do you think about the plugs?

-Nelson