Re: Nology

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Fri Feb 28 1997 - 19:43:27 EST

At 04:27 PM 2/28/97 -0800, you wrote:
>How much did the Nology coil-dist wire cost? $250+, or something more
>reasonable?
>
>Jim

One coil-to-distributor Nology <http://www.nology.com/> wire cost me $45.
There was no way I was going to spend $405 + tax for nine wires so I
compromised and got some high quality heat resistant spiral core spark plug
wires instead. Everyone makes them these days. I bought Accel Spiral Cores
from Jegs for $69, cut to specific lengths for our trucks and $39 for the
Supercoil. I will try the Accel distributor that just came out next. If
you can afford to mate one Nology Hotwire and a Beru Silverstone spark plug
per cylinder you'll notice a big increase in power even with a stock
ignition and coil. I have a 1990 Eagle Talon All Wheel Drive that puts out
over 300hp and when I installed the Nology/Beru's I noticed a hell of a
difference. This is with 21psi of boost though. I get tired of shifting
and waiting for the boost to spool up so I spend more time in the Dakota.

-Nelson - Two very different vehicles with about the same HP, just
different ways of making it :>)

'95 Auto, MP SBEC, JBA shorty headers w/ custom Y-pipe, Gibson 3" cat-back
Accel Supercoil & Spiral Core wires, TorqueMasters, Nology, K&N FIPK,
shackles & hangers; 1.7 roller rockers after tax returns

'90 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries 16G turbo w/ 10 deg. turbine wheel clip, ported
turbine housing, ported O2-sensor housing, ported '95 exhaust manifold, 2
1/2" Down pipe, cat bypass, EGR block-off plate, Alamo Autosports
Intercooler, HKS Intercooler Pipes, HKS Exhaust, HKS Throttle Body Elbow,
HKS Fuel Cut Defencer, Nology Hotwires, Beru Silverstones, K&N air filter
on modified mass air sensor, small K&N crankcase breather filter, 70 gph
high-flow in-tank fuel pump, cigarette lighter mounted manual boost
controller, A-Pillar mounted 30 psi. VDO boost gauge, short throw shifter
w/ steel shifter bushings, Energy Suspension sway bar bushings, Momo 16x7.5
alloy wheels w/ Goodyear 225/50 GSCs, GAB strut tower brace, GAB adjustable
shocks, Eibach 1" progressive rate lowering springs
DSM Web Page: http://www.dsm.org/