Re: Owned 3 dakotas

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 1997 - 22:43:42 EST

MoparRuss@aol.com wrote:

> yues the D50 were nothing more than Mitsubishi (i wish i was) Mighty Max's

        Well, I must finally defend the D50/Mitsubishi truck "yall' putting
down".
        I owned an '86, Mitsubishi Mighty Max 2.0L, and had the CA license
plate 'MISUSHE' as the letters on the tailgate came off while washing
one
day, and I had MI SUBISHI, I removed the rest to spell MI SU SHI. That
truck
went a hard 149000 miles before I traded it in on a used '91 Dodge
Dakota.
I must confess that the truck didn't have power anything (except brakes,
sans ABS ofcourse), no AC, but got great gas mileage (27 hwy), but was
more
reliable mile-for-mile than my '91 Dakota...

        I kept quite good care of it, and only had a few mishaps with the
powertrain towards the end (100k+ miles). My friend had an '84 Toyota,
and
he never got anywhere near the MPG that I did (22 max.), and in the snow
my MM was a wonder to drive (locking diff).

        So, off my soapbox... I wouldn't mind having another (preferably a
D50 so that it said DODGE on the tailgate) for a 2nd truck/car...
This from a person that drives a V8 FIREBReathing (not quite) Dakota,
must
show that I am either-A) Crazy, or B) A Satisfied truck owner.

        Sam '95 SLT