Re: Headlights

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Sat Mar 01 1997 - 22:48:06 EST

Steve Lowe wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Mar 1997 18:43:26 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>
> >the GM's you are refereing to if you re wire them you can do thsat but they
> >have 2 bulbs for the headlights...on the Dak's it's just one bulb i'd imagine
> >it getting really hot and may cause some problems..if anyone has done this
> >let me know becuase i would like to know too
> >

> There is a mod out there, it involved building a little circuit board
> with a few capacitors on it. If I can find it again I'll post it, but
> be warned that it really decreases the life of your lamps...

        Check the back of any Truckin' or Sport Truck magazine for the
BRIGHTER than stock lights ad.. Get the 55/100watt bulbs ... They work
fine (I had a set in my '91 Dakota) I think it's the 9004 bulb... They
work fine with the plastic lens, just don't put the high beams on while
stopped (no airflow, and the lens won't get 'cooled' like when driving)
or you can melt the lens.

        BTW I had Hella H4 55/100 lights/bulbs in my '86 Mits.; Those
were the BEST headlights in the world... I could see as far as the road
would go... (actually lit up a parked Semi-s reflectors 5 miles away on
my way to Tucson, AZ.!!)

        ..Sam '95 SLT