Re: MSD - NOLOGY

From: Nelson Sendino (nsendino@ed.co.sanmateo.ca.us)
Date: Mon Mar 03 1997 - 14:40:00 EST

>It's good to hear from others who have used the Torquemaster spark plugs. I'm
>not sure how they are working on my "Black Truck" because I added other things
>at about the same time and the overall performance has greatly improved (v-6
>engine) but I'm not sure what to attribute it to if there is one single
thing???

>K & N filter, Accel super coil, Jacob spark plug wires, torquemaster plugs,
>flowmaster muffler, computer chip/module change,...
>
>One thing I really like is the way Torquemaster does business...they sent
>several bits of information when I bought their plugs...there is something
about
> the organization that seems legit...hope I'm not imagining this to justify my
>48 dollar expense.
>
>I did not know nology wires are street legal...and I didn't think about only
>buying the coil to distributor single nology...
>
>one of the things i like a lot about this list is how cautious it has made me
>about my local mechanic/dealer...
>
>planning to add the MSD 6 ignition addition...about 150 dollars...any ideas
here

>thanks from John jgarret@siue.edu

John, If I had to single out one mod that made the most noticeable in power
it would have to be the MP computer. But all of your other mods complement
each other in making the motor more efficient by opening up bottenecks. I
personally don't feel comfortable or confident enough to splice wires so I
would go with pulleys instead for $150 and then with headers down the road,
and maybe even some roller rockers. But if you can hook up the MSD then I
think you'd get much more bang for the buck than with getting Nology wires
for around $300. Don't forget to get an upgraded distributor cap as yours
might fry with so much spark going through.

-Nelson Sendino