Re[2]: Coolant smell (fwd)

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 15:57:17 EST

Philip,

I couldn't agree more. I don't want to give the impression that I am in any way
unhappy with the truck. I *am* unhappy with the service I'm getting at my
dealership but there are ways around this as many of the members of the list
have pointed out. If worst came to worst I'll fix it myself.

I've owned different "muscle" type cars in the past and I have to say without a
doubt that my '97 Sport is by far the most fun. Great looks, excellent ride,
comfortable interior, more power than you can put to the ground (and I will
extract more :) , and enough room in back to haul the 350 I want to stick in my
wife's '93 S10 Blazer!

Like Rob said....do your homework. Find a dealership that's known for its
customer satisfaction. I was stuck with mine because of a supplier discount
(you guys would sh*$ if you knew what I paid). Test drive the other choices. I
don't think you'll find anything out there that can match the Dak. It's the
cheapest way to get into a V8 in '97 that I know of!!

sean

At 03:04 PM 3/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
> As of recently I have been looking to purchase my first truck and >within the
last week had my heater core go. I know that it is an aweful >smell and if that
is the best dodge can offer in there small pickup >trucks then I have no further
interest in purchasing one. <snip>
> Philip Pomoransky pp95ad@badger.ac.brocku.ca
> 2nd Year Computer Science Student
> Brock University

Philip:

     Don't judge the truck by one incident and one dealer. I think you
     will find that most people on this list think that the Dakota is the
     best small truck on the road (including Sean). <snip>
I recommend that you do some more homework and rethink your conclusions
regarding a Dodge Dakota.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia