Re: Greetings from a newbie.

From: DesignTech@worldnet.att.net
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 17:45:13 EST

the V6 gets no better mileage

it won't last as long either

the V8 has been around for many many years(although the magnum has some
small differences from the other 318's that CC made)

V8 = GOOD

V6 = chopped V8

5.2(.75) = 3.9

a V6 is a V8 with 2 cylanders CHOPPED

do you want a chopped engine

i would rather a chopped neck(from the V8's torque)

-Mark Hryckiewicz (DesignTech@worldnet.att.net)

1993. 5.2l, auto, 3.50 SureSlip, 4X2, True Duals,
 S/B, Reg Cab. K&N Open Element, Splitfires.
See Pictures At http://members.tripod.com/~MasterOfR

http://members.tripod.com/~DesignTech

----------
> From: John Youngblood <johnb@cs.tamu.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Greetings from a newbie.
> Date: Tuesday, March 04, 1997 4:57 PM
>
> Hi - just subscribed to the list -
>
> Well, I don't have my Dakota yet. In fact I haven't even ordered it!
> (Hopefully next week...) So I figure now is a good time to ask you
> seasoned veterans to review my options list.
>
> Dakota Sport Club Cab (5-spd) w/
> 3.55 Sure Grip
> Tire and handling package
> Trailer tow prep group
> Heavy use group
> Light group
> Tilt and cruise
> Fog lights
> Floor mats
> V8???
>
> I had decided on going for the V8, but then I saw the gas mileage
figures...
> Being a poor college student, I don't know if I can justify the expense
> of buying/owning the V8, especially since most of my driving is <5 miles
> around town. Most of my towing will be restricted to small bass boats
and
> U-Haul trailers, so I don't really *need* the V8. Will I regret having
the
> V6?
>
> Thanks! john
> `91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, soon to be traded for something with a *big*
trunk.