Re: Greetings from a newbie.

From: Gary D. Wright (wright@ids.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 18:16:43 EST

Hi - I'm also a newbie to this list.-

However I am not a newbie to the dakota. I have a 1988 Dakota that I
bought new. It has a 3.9 Liter V6. I have hauled boats, vans, 30 ft sail
boats, and many pieces of my friends furniture, tree stumps, and I have yet
to find anything that this little (big) truck will not dig down and pull
out.

Gary

----------
> From: John Youngblood <johnb@cs.tamu.edu>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Greetings from a newbie.
> Date: Tuesday, March 04, 1997 4:57 PM
>
> Hi - just subscribed to the list -
>
> Well, I don't have my Dakota yet. In fact I haven't even ordered it!
> (Hopefully next week...) So I figure now is a good time to ask you
> seasoned veterans to review my options list.
>
> Dakota Sport Club Cab (5-spd) w/
> 3.55 Sure Grip
> Tire and handling package
> Trailer tow prep group
> Heavy use group
> Light group
> Tilt and cruise
> Fog lights
> Floor mats
> V8???
>
> I had decided on going for the V8, but then I saw the gas mileage
figures...
> Being a poor college student, I don't know if I can justify the expense
> of buying/owning the V8, especially since most of my driving is <5 miles
> around town. Most of my towing will be restricted to small bass boats
and
> U-Haul trailers, so I don't really *need* the V8. Will I regret having
the
> V6?
>
> Thanks! john
> `91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, soon to be traded for something with a *big*
trunk.