Re: Greetings from a newbie.

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Tue Mar 04 1997 - 23:56:58 EST

I'd go with the V8. The mileage figures aren't based on driving the
vehicle on the road, but on a chassis dyno from what EPA says. The
Dakota's a good sized vehicle, between the frontal area and the weight
you'll probably get just as good mileage with the 5.2 as the 3.9 becuase
you'll be operating it at a smaller throttle opening on the hiway. I've
got a 3.9, and most everyone on the list with a 5.2 gets hiway mileage
that's at least as good as mine. In town mileage is about the same for
both. For towing a trailer the 5.2 would be the way to go to.

The main reason I got the 3.9 was because I wanted a 5 sp'd and they
weren't offered with the 5.2 in '92.

Larry
elliott@serv.net