Re[2]: Coolant Smell

From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
Date: Wed Mar 05 1997 - 10:57:02 EST

     Nope, definitly a coolant smell. It get worse with the hvac temp set
     to warmer. I've noticed a reduction of the smell in the last couple
     of days. It's possible that the small leakage I saw was coolant that
     was on the outside of the heater core and it dislodged. I'll have by
     wife sit in it and see. I think I'm getting too used to it to be
     objective anymore.

     I appreciate the info on the TSB though Rob. Thanks.

     sean

Tom-

 If the smell is more like mold or stale air, it is most likely a TSB

that Dodge knows about. My sisters '94 had a strange smell coming out of the

vents and it turned out to be a faulty condenser. The TSB has the dealer

spray a special disinfectant into the condenser. This worked at first, but it

came back in about two months. They then changed the condenser and this seems

to have worked. I do not know the TSB number off hand, I will have to look it

up. The dealer should be able to find it for you.

Rob Weingart

'89 LE 4x4, 170K miles and counting...