Re: brakes

From: Jane or Larry Elliott (elliott@serv.net)
Date: Sat Mar 08 1997 - 00:10:25 EST

It sounds to me like a caliper is sticking and releasing or a piston in
one of the calipers is sticking. My '92 stops straight as a die, and the
original front pads lasted 70K miles. The rear shoes are still original
at 75K.

Were the caliper pins lubed with a high quality caliper grease when the
pads were changed? If the caliper pins are unlubricated they can get
corroded to the pin bushings and really screw up the braking abilities of
the vehicle.

Sounds dangerous to me.

Larry
elliott@serv.net