ATTN: 1996 Dak Owners!

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Mar 10 1997 - 13:31:00 EST

Hi guys!!

Well, I've completed some of the modifications to my 1996 Dakota... And
they are GREAT! I posted previously about the MPI FIPK-clone I bought
from Jules and how it was working... I've now got the Gibson 3" catback
exhaust on as well, and it sounds great! Took a couple of calls to Jules
@ MPI, and one to Gibson in CA, but in the end, the system went on with
very little fuss (only had to cut a little bit off of the stock headpipe
(pipe between cat and muffler) to make it fit... no bending necessary, it
just clamped right on... Between the exhaust and the new air cleaner
setup, the truck sounds 100 times better than stock, and it looks sharp
too... I haven't had a single "check engine" light yet, (knock on wood),
and the seat-of-the-pants-meter has been registering some improved
performance... I'll keep you posted on mileage, performance gains, and/or
problems (if any).. I have noticed some popping/farting during some WOT
runs, but other folks with the exhaust/FIPK setup have mentioned that as
well... Can't wait to get my MPI Super Street TBI and ignition kit!!
(hear that, Jules?) Many thanks to Jules for his patience, suggestions,
and positive attitude... Oh yeah, and I put a Magnum Peformance license
plate frame on the truck (which looks GREAT!), I'll have some pictures
for the web site soon!!

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone
MSD Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI soon!