Re: 58 Plymouth

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 10 1997 - 17:22:39 EST

<< My friend's father has about 8 Chysler Imperials ranging in years
 '57-'65.. >>

There is a fellow here where I live that is a Chrysler products nut, Has a
ton of them, several restored. His favorites are 34 Chrysler Airflows, I
think he may have been born the same year that maybe why he likes them. He
has a 34 Dodge pickup most of the stuff is stock. He has several 50's era
also all original and drives them occasionally. He bought out several old
dealers and has a ton of old parts. Also has some hot stuff like a Hemi
Roadrunner. He owns a Motorcycle/ snomobile shop and uses a rollback for
business and the old cars, has had Ford rollbacks but hated them even after
he put a super charged them, he finallay decided he wanted a Ram Rollback but
couldn't find one so he Bought a brand new $32,000 Ran Deisel Dually loaded
and went to a roolback dealer and bought the rool back components and built
one. Had the truck about 3 days and off came the box and cut the frame to add
the proper length and built one, came out pretty good to. He is a lot of fun
to watch, kinda crazy. He buys all kinds of stuff that has Chrysler engines
and components, one is a ?? Facel Vega?? Something like that, Foreign made 2
seat sports type rig from back in the 50's I think but has a Chrysler 413 and
a Torque Flight tranny and would run about 180 mph, I think the speedo went
to 200. He has a ton of neat stuff mostly Chrysler. The one I used to like
and drove it in parades for him was a Kaiser Darrin, a 2 seat sport rig that
was fiber glass body and the doors slid into the front fenders, they were not
hinged. This car was restored and excellent shape.

OOOps kinda got to ramblin, sorry about that

Bill