Re: 97 Dakota question

From: Robert P. Agnew (ragnew@islandnet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 1997 - 08:47:44 EST

At 10:18 AM 3/14/97 EST, you wrote:
>Hi everyone,
> I just signed up to this list today because I am considering
>purchasing the new 97 Dodge Dakota. I am currently leasing a 94
>Toyota 4x4 pickup. My lease is up next month. I test drove the
>new Dakota SLT 4x4 V8 Automatic last night and fell in love with
>it. I need a vehicle powerful enough to pull a trailer and boat
>and this truck can definitely do that. My question is, does anyone
>currently own one of these 97's and how do you like it? Any major
>problems with it? Things I need to be concerned with? I would
>appreciate any help any one can give me. I've only owned Toyota
>trucks and although I've been very happy with their quality and
>dependability, I truly like the look and feel of the new Dakota
>better.
>
>Lisa Stepaniak
>lstepani@ford.com

Lisa:

I purchased a 97 V8 SLT 4x4 Clubcab last fall and absolutely love it. So
far there are no major problems, nor do I expect any. What options to
order depends upon how much you want to spend and what you want to use the
truck for.

I suggest that you tell us what you want to do with the truck, spec it out
(using Kelly Blue Book or similar) and contact this list again.

That way you will get suggestions as to what list members think is best for
you, rather than the reasons that they selected the different options for
themselves.

Rob Agnew
ragnew@islandnet.com

Victoria, British Columbia