Re: Bed Liner for 97

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 15 1997 - 09:09:26 EST

<< I get my Black, 5.2L, 5sp, Club Cab, SLT+ tomorrow!!! I want to put a
 bed liner in to protect the bed. I have heard that this can cause rust
 and will scratch the paint. Does any body have experience or can
 recommend what I can do to protect the bed. Thanks.

 Ryan

I use a couple of pieces of 7/16 wafer board. Then built a tray out of wafer
board and 2 x 4 's. 2 x 4 on 3 side, back open, then drilled a hole at end of
each 2x4 at the tailgate, tied a 1/2" - 3/4" rope with knot through the holes
with a little loose in middle and if I need anything I can't reach up under
the Tonneau Cover or cap just pull on the rope and slide the tray out. I just
hate them bed liners, slippery and just don't like em. I figure that if I
abuse the bed to much and if it will make a big deal on trade because of that
then I would buy a cheap bed liner before I trade it to hide it.

My 2 cents

Bill