Re: Pro Stock Dakota

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 15 1997 - 09:09:24 EST

<< WILL put NOS on mine with timers from my race car and run mid 11's.
 Any takers? >>

Yo Jules, Leap right in here, this could get interesting??

<<Listen, I have written in many times what I did to my truck to make
it run 13:20's with a stock engine! If you feel you need to bash me
because all I did to the engine is replace the valve springs, then
you need to get your heads out of your asses or those magazines and
get your hands dirty like I did>>

My 2 cents: You are innocent until proven guilty. BUT you think about it,
there are a lot of very able people on this board who have done a lot more
than you, including valve springs and are no where near 13:20's. Now in my
many years of tinkering I have seen a freak or two that would run like a
rocket, Now all things considered and accepting reality, you either have one
of those freaks or you are failing to tell the whole story. These Dakotas
good or bad do not run 13:20's by just cahnging valve springs, and if you'd
clean up your hands, so you don't get grease on the pages, and do some
reading about those people who have worked on Dakota's and documented there
results with no where near 13.20 results, then you would have a firm grip on
what everyone else is talking about. We are going from facts and figures and
the whole story. Now get your truck dyno'ed and scan a few of those time
slips to post to the home page and give us the rest of the details or call
Mr. Ripley and get into the record books under the Freak Auto Section. No
matter how you do it, I believe you until proven guilty..

Bill