Re: 94 Dakota, Didn't start this morning

From: Dan Myers (waterfn@pacbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 17 1997 - 10:21:42 EST

Steve Wade wrote:

> Well Folks,
>
> I am not a happy camper this morning. I bought a 94 Dakota, 318, auto
> a couple months ago. Over the last week it has become a little harder
> to start. This morning I got in it and, it would not start! I guess I
> am spoiled by the Mazda that I drove b-4. I drove it for 8 years and it
> did not fail to start ONCE during that time. I noticed on the way home
> yeaterday that Dakota seemed to miss a couple of times. My guess is
> that the electronic ignition has decided to die(44,000 miles). Has
> anyone else ran into this trouble? Is there a TSB on this type of
> problem? I really like the V-8 but I do not like borrowing a car to get
> to work while my Dakota sits in the driveway...
>
> Any Ideas???
>
> Steve

Steve, my 92 did this once 6months ago. one morning it would not start
that night it would, I replaced everything. ended up being a brocken
wire in the main harness. when this happened my volt guage read 18 when
it was running.
 Somethings to look for are pickup in the distributer, crank senser back
at the flywheel and the normal plugs and wires. Hope you find the
problem. Dan