'97 SBEC talk

From: Scott Vieth (scottv@msn.fullfeed.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 02:36:45 EST

Sean wrote:

>From: Sean_P_Meldrum@Auto.ittind.com
>To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
>Subject: '97 SBEC and clones update
>
> Just got off the phone. MP is slating mid summer for a SBEC for
> the '97's.

MP? Do you mean "Mopar Performance" or "Magnum Performance"?

> JET is targeting June for release date on their '97 Dakota
> module. Didn't get current price target but last time checked
> was $299 retail.
> Hypertech is set to release a module for '97 Daks in 45 days.
> Retail will be $329. Didn't think to ask about programmability
> but these guys are big on that sort of thing.

I'm headed to Memphis at the end of May to hang out with my buddies
on the f-body list (Camaros/Firebirds). I've heard them talking
about touring Hypertech while we're in Memphis. [A bunch of the
f-body guys visited Hypertech last year during our Memphis Weekend.]
After everyone is done drooling on the Hypertech chips for the LT-1,
I'll pipe up from the back of the crowd and ask "What about the
Magnum power chip for Dodge trucks?" :^)

> '97 318/5spd/3.55SG/FIPK type clone on order

Where are you ordering your FIPK from? I've been looking for a FIPK
for *my* '97.

-Scott
'97 5.2/5spd/3.55SG CC4wd
'68 Camaro RS 327/PG (doesn't need a Hypertech chip!) ;^)