Re: PLEASE STOP!!!!!!

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@xmission.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 09:18:34 EST

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997 mahoneyr@syr.lmco.com wrote:
> Guys and Gals
>
> Is it just me, or does everyone get the following header information?
>
> > To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> > Subject: Re: PLEASE STOP!!!!!!
>
> If its not just me, the key to being able to get off this list is the
> ability to READ!!
> sorry, just venting
> rICK

The info is there all right, but most e-mail readers are configured to
hide anything in the header that might scare people. Computers are so
frightening and confusing that they need to coddle our poor little minds
and not give us any information because we might panic.

At least this is how software companies seem to think.

Sorry, this is a rather sore spot with me. I'm a programmer, and my
company keeps insisting that I design software for trained chimpanzees
instead of making it useful. I have to admit, hiding most of the header
makes it less cluttered on the screen. You can usually get it back, but
you have to have actually looked in the help file or maybe even tried the
menu option that says "Display full header". But every program is
different, so YMMV.

  -- Jason Bleazard
     drazaelb@xmission.com

     Psi Corps is your friend. Trust Psi Corps.