Re: General question - who pays warrantee work?

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 17:12:14 EST

<< I ask, because I ordered my Dak from a fleet buyer (to
 save $$ of course). Should it need warrantee work, is
 the local Dodge dealer going to put me at the bottom
 of the list? >>

Probably. I believe the dealers are allowed a certian amount per car sale for
new car prep and minor repair and adjusting. If this is the case and you did
not get the car from them then they would be loosing money, not just not
making any. Also from what I understand all warrantee work is flat rate
according to factory flat rate charts. Very few dealers have equipment and
personnell able to regularly meet flat rate, so again they loose money. They
don't mind so much when they are selling the car or truck, as they have a
vested interest and want you back. I know I bought my Dak out of town and the
local dealer would not work on it and I know them fairly well, just couldn't
deal with them. The dealer I bought my Dak from absolutley sucks for service
manager and I did not want to fight with the jerk anymore, Chrysler called me
one night about a service contract and I stopped at the local dealer to
question some info I was given and he told me he could sell me the service
contract for the same price, and if I bought it from him they would do any
work on my vehicle, I bought the contract from them and no problems with
service since.. I believe if within 50 miles of selling dealer then it has to

Bill