General question - who pays warrantee work?

From: Chip Maurer (chip@unx.dec.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 1997 - 12:43:48 EST

I've been wondering, when I bring a vehicle to a dealer
for warrantee work, they bill the manufacturer, don't they?

I've often heard that if you bring a car/truck to a dealer
for warantee work, but you did not buy the car there, it is
harder to get the work done (right). Why is that, if the
car maker reimburses the dealer?

I ask, because I ordered my Dak from a fleet buyer (to
save $$ of course). Should it need warrantee work, is
the local Dodge dealer going to put me at the bottom
of the list?

| Chip Maurer       Digital Equipment Corporation |
| chip@unx.dec.com  200 Route 9 North             |
| (908) 577-6195    Manalapan, NJ 07726           |